Moving into a new house can be a daunting task- you have to uproot your life from one place and rebuild it from scratch at another.
It’s no wonder that the entire process involves a lot of emotional turbulence.
Add to that the hassle of shifting homes, and it already feels like a burden!
Thankfully, there are certain things you can keep in mind to make the process of shifting a lot easier and more efficient.
Here are a couple of tips and tricks to achieve the art of moving
- Get multiple quotes– Moving is a tricky process that involves you trusting the movers with all your precious things that you’ve accumulated over the years. Make sure you give the job to the right group of people. Don’t forget to get multiple quotes from different movers so that you can compare the prices and services they have to offer. Crazy Rise is such a platform where you can hire local and interstate removalists easily in just 1 minute.
Make sure to include any extra services or special requirements before asking for the quotes as prices can vary.
- Get accurate estimates– Movers can quote a different price on the phone and tear you a bill with a different price on it once the moving is done! That’s because it’s hard to approximate the price of the service based on a phone call. Your description may not suffice the extensive information they require to make accurate estimations of cost. It’s best to call the serviceman home and ask them to give you an in-house estimate.
- Think about the flooring– If you don’t like the flooring of the house you’re shifting into, or you wish to replace the carpet there, it’s best to do it before you move! People often put this off till they are settled in because they think it’ll put a big dent in their savings to move and redo the flooring at the same time. However, at the end of the day, the total cost will be the same no matter when you get it done. But you can save yourself from a lot of hassle if you do it before moving.
- Painting jobs– Painting requires a lot of time, rather way more than estimated before the job starts. If you opt for a re-paint or crown-molding job after you’ve already moved, you’ll simply have to move out temporarily or shift your entire furniture. A better option is to hire professionals and get the painting job done at least a week before you move. Doing so will leave a sufficient margin for any changes.
- Change your locks– Changing your locks is one of the most crucial tips to keep in mind! People often forget to do so in the exhilaration or fatigue from moving in. However, you should get your locks changed as soon as you move in because you never know who has keys to the existing locks in your house. If the community isn’t gated, it becomes even more crucial to get this task done right away!
- Electrical requirements– If you’re moving into an older, non-modular house, it’ll probably need tons and tons of electrical upgrades. Whether it be motion-sensitive lights in the corridors, a modular kitchen, or any additional outlets, electricians can do their job way better when they have sufficient space with no interference.
- Background checks– When picking the best removalists, conduct thorough background checks on all the companies you’re taking quotes from. See if you can gather first-hand feedback from those who have used their services before. Since you’re trusting the company with your essentials, background checks are essential; get fragile items insured to minimize risk.
Removalists Brisbane can make the process of moving a seamless one.
Get the best deal with the most efficient and professional movers!