Horseflies are biting animals found usually on farms and rural locations. They do not just bite humans but also domestic animals. Horseflies are considered to be worse than normal housefly as they suck 200mg of human blood in just one sec. You can find them in huge numbers, especially in hot and sunny weather, usually in the daytime.
How does the reaction of the bite occur?
Horseflies get attracted to move things and their bites are really painful. They bite with their jaw and like scissors it cuts human skin. The bite can lead to a burning sensation on skin along with inflammation and itchiness.
How to know if it is a horsefly bite?
Horsefly bites pain a lot and may look like a red patch in the skin along with the nearby areas getting red. The itching and the red skin help you to know it is a horsefly bite.
Also look if the red patch on the skin is spreading or not and if there is any discharge coming out of it. Swelling and pain indicate infection. If the bite has got infected, you will see inflammation and discharge.
Other than this, horseflies don’t infect humans with any harmful diseases, however, some people may experience a mild fever because of the pain.
Symptoms of horsefly bite
Some of the common signs and symptoms of fly infestation are given below:
- Swollen skin
- Wheezing as well as breathing issues
Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Diarrhea and vomiting
- Swelling in tongue and throat
- Swelling in the face
If you experience these symptoms, then you should immediately seek medical help.
A lot of pest exterminators advice to take instant action to prevent any future problems and reactions.
Tips to prevent horse fly bite
Horseflies usually are seen in summer and they spread in an area widely. In order to avoid their presence completely, here are some tips given below:
- Make sure of proper shoes, full sleeve shirts and full pants to lower your chance of getting a bite.
- Horseflies get attracted to dark color so make sure you don’t wear dark color dresses. You can wear light color attires.
- Do not walk on long-grass fields.
- Do not use any perfumed items as it attracts flies
- Horseflies are breeds so make sure you stay away from water bodies.
In case you fear that a horsefly has bitten you, then make sure you visit a doctor and take proper medical help. The doctors will suggest some antibiotics to treat the bite. Other than medical assistance, make sure you also use some home remedies.
Home remedies for horsefly bite
- Never scratch your wound or it will get worse and enhance the chance of infection.
- Make sure of plain water and very gentle soap to clean the area infected.
- Make sure you rub the skin with ice cubes to lower the swelling.
Lastly, in order to prevent this from happening in the first place, make sure you hire pest control London services to control horsefly infestation in your area.