To be a parent is one of the greatest feelings. However, the infertility rates are currently rising at an alarming rate. This can be attributed to numerous factors in today’s fast-paced world with poor healthy habits such as unhealthy diet, lack of proper rest is the most prominent along with other mental and emotional issues. To treat infertility and enjoy parenthood, numerous individuals go for IVF treatment.
There are numerous IVF centres over Globe. However recent studies have shown Delhi, the national capital of India has come up as the most attractive place for IVF treatments with patients across the globe opting for Delhi.
When researched about the various factors that make IVF centres in Delhi the centre of focus for IVF and other fertility treatments, multiple factors were discovered. Some of them are listed below:
- Delhi has the finest fertility hospitals and clinics with great infrastructure and facilities.
- Generally, when we talk about fertility treatments, IVF is generally discussed. However, medical science has made great advancements in the field of infertility treatments. In Delhi, other advanced fertility treatments such as ICSI, IMSI, FET etc. are easily available.
All these advanced treatments are discussed later in the article.
- Infertility treatments, apart from the basic procedure additional hormones and medications are also required, which are easily available in Delhi.
- Being a metro city, the transportation network is highly efficient with the availability of metros. Also, Delhi is home to one of the world’s finest Indira Gandhi international airport. This has been rated as one of the important features by patients coming from abroad visiting Delhi for IVF and other fertility treatments.
- Most of the population of Delhi can understand and speak English. Also, translators in different languages are available in Delhi. Hence, for international patients also Delhi is proving to be a promising place for treatment.
- Also, the expense of IVF treatment in Delhi is comparatively less when contrasted with other cities across the globe when compared at the level of treatment and services provided, equipment and infrastructure that fertility clinics and hospitals in Delhi have.
- The credibility of the fertility centres is boosted by the various accreditations that they have received from authorized national and international organisations such as JCI (Joint Commission International) and NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers).
Online aggregators and medical question-answer platform such as ClinicSpots are facilitating the international as well as local patients for IVF and other fertility treatments in Delhi.
Let know discuss the IVF treatment in Delhi.
IVF treatment in Delhi:
IVF or In Vitro fertilisation is a fertility treatment wherein, the fertilization of the eggs is done artificially in a controlled environment in specialized laboratories. When the embryos are developed properly from fertilized eggs, they are transferred to the uterus of the woman.
The approximate cost of the IVF treatment in Delhi ranges from 125,000 INR – 275,000 INR (Indian Rupee) or 1800 USD – 4000 USD.
As discussed above in the article, with the new advancements fertility treatments have gone beyond the IVF treatment. Let’s now know about the other fertility treatments available in Delhi.
Firstly, we are going to discuss IUI treatment.
IUI treatment in Delhi:
Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) is fertility treatment which is done to overcome male infertility issues related to sperm such as sperm motility and sperm count.
In IUI, the sperm from the male partner or the donor is inserted directly into the uterus of the beneficiary woman. This is done to provide the sperm better opportunity to fertilize the egg. IUI is recommended and done before IUI.
Sperm transfer a be done during the natural ovulation cycle or hormone stimulated ovulation cycle.
ICSI treatment in Delhi:
In ICSI, a solitary sperm is chosen and infused straightforwardly into an egg, bypassing the normal fertilization process. This means the sperm has not to travel to the egg or penetrate the egg of its own.
It is recommended in the following cases:
- The sperm count is very low
- The sperm structure is abnormal
- There are issues in getting an erection
IMSI treatment in Delhi:
Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI) is a fertility treatment utilized to fertilize eggs in vitro. It is an advanced level of ICSI.
In IMSI, the sperm is selected using a high amplification computerized imaging magnifying instrument. This is done to remove any chances of sperm with any abnormalities being used to fertilize the egg so that embryo developed is normal.
IMSI is recommended if there are repetitive cases of failure with ICSI treatment. This is done with expectations that better selection of sperm using IMSI may improve the chances of fertilization.
Frozen Embryo transfer (FET) treatment in Delhi:
In all the above-discussed fertility treatments whenever the egg retrieval is done, more than one egg is retrieved. This is done because some eggs may not develop properly or may not fertilize.
So, there are multiple eggs available for fertilization resulting in multiple embryos. However, for transfer one single embryo is transferred. Other developed embryos are recommended by doctors to be frozen for future use which can use if the first cycle fails or the couple wants to expand their family in future.
In frozen embryo transfer, the frozen embryos from the earlier fresh cycle are defrosted and transferred to the uterus of the beneficiary woman. The advantage of this treatment is that the couple doesn’t need to undergo the process of egg retrieval and sperm test. This also reduces the expense of the treatment.
However, in order to boost the capacity of the uterus, the doctor may recommend some hormones depending on case to case.
Assisted Hatching treatment in Delhi:
Assisted hatching is supportive treatment done along with the above-discussed fertility treatments before embryo transfer.
Normally, a developed embryo is surrounded by an external shell known as zona pellucida. When the embryo is transferred to the uterus, the external shell breaks and dissolves and the embryo implants in the lining of the uterus, leading to a successful pregnancy.
However, sometimes the zona becomes hardened especially in the case of frozen embryo transfer treatment and it becomes difficult for the embryo to hatch out.
In such cases, the embryologist may recommend assisted hatching. In assisted hatching, the external shell zona pellucida is unnaturally softened and weakened. This can be done by using an acid or laser.
The expectation is that this will help the embryo to hatch out easily and leading to a successful pregnancy.
All these above discussed treatments are easily available in Delhi. So, after understanding all the factors, it is obvious why Delhi is becoming one point destination for IVF and other fertility treatments in Delhi.
For more information, you can visit www.clinicspots.com