Cancers are still the leading cause of death in the world. Fortunately, the development of modern medicine has simplified the treatment process greatly. The lethality in all types of oncology has decreased by 20% in the last 5 years due to the application of modern cancer treatment methods.
One of the modern methods of cancer treatment is hyperthermic surgery. The HIPEC surgery allows treating many types of cancer even at the advanced stages. One of the first countries applying this technology is Turkey. Here you can undergo effective treatment of any type of cancer with the help of innovative methods.
What is HIPEC?
As the name of the method indicates, hyperthermic chemotherapy involves heating up a drug. Its temperature, when introduced, can be up to 45 degrees Celsius. This allows the drug to penetrate deeper into the tumor tissues.
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy is a modern technique for the treatment of abdominal cancer, also known as HIPEC or “heated chemotherapy”. To date, it is the only treatment that can prolong the life of patients for several years, when other methods are ineffective.
This method has been introduced into clinical practice relatively recently. However, it has become an excellent option for treating oncological diseases with abdominal metastases.
During the treatment, significantly heated antitumoral drugs are injected directly into the abdominal cavity during the operation, which promotes their better action on cancer cells.
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy allows achieving the maximum effect of antitumor drugs with minimal damage to healthy cells, which reduces the harmful effects on the patient’s body.
Local application of this method allows you to focus the drug’s impact on cancer cells, which increases its effectiveness compared to conventional chemotherapy.
HIPEC surgery has become one of the best methods of cytoreductive surgery due to the combination of combined action on the tumor.
What types of cancer are treated with HIPEC?
This method is used to treat almost all types of abdominal cancer, but is most effective at:
- Appendix tumors.
- Cancer of the small intestine and rectum.
- Stomach cancer.
- Ovarian cancer.
- Uterine cancer.
- Liver cancer.
- Pancreatic cancer.
- Adrenal cancer.
- Other primary abdominal tumors.
Hyperthermic chemotherapy is a rather traumatic intervention. Therefore, the decision on its performance is always made by the attending physician. The most common contraindications are as follows:
- The poor general condition of a patient.
- Multiple remote metastases outside the abdominal cavity.
- Liver metastases.
- Intestinal obstruction of tumor origin.
- Inoperable tumors of vital organs, such as an aortic tumor.
- Cancer spreading in the retroperitoneal space.
Benefits of treatment abroad
Clinics abroad have a huge list of advantages over clinics in your country:
- Only the most advanced medical equipment is used for treatment in foreign clinics, which is performed perfectly by experienced doctors.
- Almost all foreign clinics will provide you with personal interpreter services, which will allow you not to worry about the language barrier.
- The main advantage of foreign clinics is the availability of medical personnel with extensive experience. The most experienced medical staff of the best clinics will fight for your health during the whole course of treatment.
- Moreover, the cost of treatment abroad, for example, in the resort city of Turkey is on average 20% lower than in European countries.
Treatments abroad at a good price
Medical tourism development gives patients from any country the possibility to undergo treatment in the best clinics of the world. In order to arrange treatment abroad, you will no longer have to waste your energy and time. In order to make your treatment quick and effective, just leave the request on the website bookinghealth.com. Over the years, millions of patients have been treated with its help. On the bookinghealth.com you can find detailed information about treatment abroad.
By choosing Booking Health, you receive a number of benefits that will make your treatment comfortable and profitable:
- Low prices for treatment in all clinics of the world.
- Medical insurance services.
- Establishing a connection with your attending physician.
- Providing an airport transfer.
- Individual selection of the best hospital for treatment.