About MS Outlook or PST
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager. It is available as a part of Microsoft office suite. It is use mainly as task manager, email application, calendar, note taking, contact manager, journal and web browsing. It is available in most version of the Microsoft office.
PST is a personal folder file in Outlook. PST is an abbreviation for Personal storage table. When you use Outlook, all your e-mail messages, task calendars, appointments, and attachments are stored on the primary server. All Outlook files saved on the system are kept with the extension .pst and .ost. PST files are used by all versions of Microsoft Outlook 2000 to the most recent version of Microsoft Outlook 2016. Sometimes these PST files are damaged or damaged. In this case, users start looking for the Outlook Repair Tool.
Reasons for damaged Outlook PST file
There are various reasons that are responsible for the Outlook PST files corruption. Some of them are listed below:
- Hardware failure: Physical damage to sectors that contain the PST file may result in corruption of the PST file.
- Software failure: Sometimes the file recovery tool used can cause more harm than good. At the time of recovering more garbage is added to the front and the end of the file that causes the PST files hidden corruption.
- Malicious Virus attack: If the system is infected with several viruses such as malware, spyware, Trojans, adware and many other dangerous viruses, it can corrupt PST files.
- Power Failure: Sudden power failure when sending or receiving e-mail that causes PST file corruption.
Error message found after PST corruption
List of common error messages in the Outlook PST file are –
- 0x800ccc0d Error: The error message 0x800ccc0d found while sending or receiving e-mail messages in Microsoft Outlook. This error usually occurs when Outlook is unable to determine if your PC is connected to the Internet or if there is a program that is blocking Outlook’s Internet access.
- 0x800CCC81 error: These error messages occur during the installation of the program. When Microsoft Corporation-related programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, are running, during Windows start-up or shutdown, or during the installation of the Windows operating system.
- 0x8004011e error: The error 0x8004011e is one of the common errors in Microsoft Outlook. Typically, this error occurs when Outlook software does not work properly with .pst files.
- 0x80190194 errors: Error 0x80190194 Occurs When Downloading the Web Distribution Using Only the Offline Address Book and Updating the Offline Address Book
- Outlook 2007 error 0x80040115: This error message occurs when the network connection is lost, the mail server is unavailable, and there are inappropriate account settings.
Process to Recover the PST Files
Outlook PST files are recovered by the built-in inbox repair tool, but it has certain limitations, including: it cannot repair files of 2 GB size or above, it cannot repair severely damaged files. In addition, it is unable to find the location of PST files so that users encounter difficulties in restoring files. Therefore, users can opt for the Outlook PST Repair Tool. If your PST file has been corrupted and you are unable to restore these files with the inbuilt Inbox Repair Tool, you can use the Outlook PST Repair Tool. It is a superb PST repair tool that is capable of restoring corrupt, damaged and malicious PST files. In addition, it provides a safe recovery of emails from corrupted PST files. For More INFO about scanpstexe.